Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Quick and easy strawberry banana smoothie

This super quick and easy recipe is a favorite in my house.  My kids are pretty picky eaters, one will not touch milk and so this one way I can get him to get at least one glass of milk a day.  It takes just a couple of minutes to make and they think they're having a really special treat!

Ingredients:

A blender or processor
4 or 5 strawberries
1/2 of a banana (I use a slightly over ripe banana, it's super sweet and blands easily)
1 cup of milk
1 cup of ice cubes
1/2 Tbsp of sugar

For my daughter's last birthday, she was given a slushie maker, which came with flavored syrups.  It was a great gift and we used it quite a bit this summer.  I like to use it for this recipe because it is a bit smaller than my regular blender and it comes with its own tall cup and lid, plus it has a long staw with a spoon on the end that the kids love.  I bought a second cup set for my son so they can both have one.  It's similar to a Magic Bullet, which could be used to this recipe just as well.


First, add the milk and icecubes into the cup.  Next, wash the strawberries and chop them into small chunks.  Add the strawberries, then add the banana and sugar. 


Now screw the bottom, blade portion of the slushie maker onto the top of the cup,  put the cup onto the base and blend for about 30 seconds or until all of the ice is chopped into slush.





And there you have it, super quick, easy, delicious and healthy!


Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Great job on your photos...makes me with I wasn't a low carber! found you from the Etsy blog team :)

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tricia! It's so tempting to make one for myself, I often steal a few sips from the kids because it really is soooo good:)

    ReplyDelete